Patrick BallingerGame Lead
Patrick Ballinger, A Lieutenant for Warlord Games, has been instrumental in planting the Bolt Action flag firmly in Florida Firma and is a longtime wargames enthusiast. When not trying to rewrite history, Patrick also enjoys hosting pot luck dinners for Cthulhu cult fundraisers, wandering the time stream in his personal TARDIS, walking the apocalyptic wastelands or practicing his super villain monologue for his next heist.
Team Tournament – Everybody Wants to Rule the World
Pair up with a fellow player or prepare to be randomly paired with another player to form a team of 1500pts per side. First round games will be Axis vs. Allied and then possible matchups based on score and faction.
- Lists are to be build using a single standard platoon from 2nd Edition Rules and valid army builds of 750pts or less. The combined team points cannot exceed 1500pts.
- Teams must be from the same side:
o Allied: US, Soviet, British and France/Allies books.
o Axis: German, Japanese and Italy/Axis books.
o Teams cannot duplicate Nationality – example you cannot have a team with two US lists. You can take two armies from France and Allies or Italy and Axis as long as they if they are of a different nationality. Example: Italian and Finnish
- Order dice cap of 8 for the event.
- Teams should plan to have multiple sets of order dice of variety of colors. Each player will require a unique color for their army.
- 10 Team Slots – 20 players max
- No Armored Platoons
- No selectors allowed.
Take the ultimate challenge of being called the greatest armchair general in one on one engagement on the tabletop!
- Lists are to be designed using the standard platoon rules from the 2nd Edition Bolt Action rule book and valid army books of 1250pts or less.
- Max of 2 platoons allowed.
- Order dice cap of 20 for the event.
- Theatre Selectors will be allowed for this event from any valid Warlord supplements.
- Players may take 1 Armored Platoon in place of the 2 Platoon Selectors.
Bolt Action Tournament – Hold the Line!
Take the ultimate challenge of being called the greatest armchair general in one on one engagement on the tabletop in the classic format.
- Lists are to be designed using the standard platoon rules from the 2nd Edition Bolt Action rule book and valid army books of 1000pts or less.
- Max of 2 platoons allowed.
- Order dice cap of 16 for the event.
- Theatre Selectors will be allowed for this event from any valid Warlord supplement
- Non-Warlord models of 28mm and 1/56 allowed (1/48 scale is acceptable if you prefer this scale).
- Models should be painted with at least 3 colors and based.
- Models should be painted within historical paint schemes and designs.
- Players should bring all materials to play including rule books, army book, six sided dice, order dice, tape measure, pen or pencil, paper, markers/tokens and objective markers.
- Flamethrower vehicles are allowed for the event due to changes in 2nd edition rules in all events.
- Players are encouraged to work matters out or roll off where rules are uncertain. In the event that a method is not satisfactory they may request a judge ruling. All judge rulings are final, right or wrong respect it.
- Terrain will be preset by organizers.
- Players are encouraged to make sure they are using the latest errata and FAQ related to their armies and are advised to have printed or electronic copies on hand for their opponent or organizer.
- Game rounds will be 2.5
- Armies should be built to theme as this will be a new scoring element this year.
- For fun a method of tracking the success of the Axis and Allied forces over the weekend.
- No special or named historical characters or units that require opponent’s permission to use
Please send all lists to crucibleboltactionorlando@ yahoo.com with the header Bolt Action Tournament Lists. Lists are due 2 weeks before the event at midnight. Failure to turn in a list by this date could result in a penalty to your event score.
Painting Contest Categories:
- Single or small squad (3 models or less)
- Large Model – Vehicle and Artillery
- Squad (must be minimum squad required size in models)
- Open Category – you are up against every game system here!
Staff reserves the right to modify, update, clarify, or change event rules in the interest of making this the best event possible. All updates will be published here on the official Crucible website.